Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Lipstick Is My Vice

When I heard that Urban Decay were launching a collection of 100 lipsticks I was so excited to see them in person. If you know me at all, you know that lipstick is my favourite item of make up, so this has definitely been my top make up launch of the year so far.

I was sent three lipsticks from the Vice collection a few weeks ago and immediately I was blown away. First of all the packaging is beautiful and quite unique compared to all of the other lipsticks in my collection. The gunmetal and gold colour scheme is so intrinsically Urban Decay and is the perfect upgrade to their previous lipstick packaging.

These are actually the only UD lipsticks I own, I've tried a few of the shades before (I wrote about the samples that came with the Gwen Stefani palette) and one of them actually happens to be Rock Steady which is one of the shades I received. The other two are Conspiracy, a metallized brown and Disturbed, a deep berry comfort matte. Rock Steady is a deep red cream formula so I got to try three of the six finishes available. The other three are Sheer, Sheer Shimmer and Mega Matte. 

UDV1 UDV2 UDV3 UDV6
UDV9 UDV5

When I opened up the three lipsticks, Conspiracy was the only one I was unsure would suit me. This shade screams nineties (a make up trend I'm not crazy about to be honest). I was so surprised when I first applied this, I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. I think it helps that it's warmer than most nineties browns and the metallized finish keeps it from looking too flat. I feel like you definitely need to have proper eye make up done to pull this off. I wore it with a similarly toned eye shadow from the Lorac Pro palette and some dark brown liquid liner. I'm looking forward to wearing this coming into Autumn as it's not exactly the most Summery shade. 

UDV11 UDV13 UDV8

Like I said, Rock Steady was the only shade I had already tried out and I absolutely loved it. It's one of those deep reds that's a bit more on the pink side and I think it would be very flattering on a lot of different skin tones. I'm not really used to cream finish reds as I tend to go for a matte finish in bolder lip colours. However, this is one of those cream finish lipsticks that stay on the lips and doesn't feather out. I do find you have to be precise with the application and really take your time or else it can look messy. I'd be inclined to wear a lip liner with this too just to increase staying power and help with a precise application. This is so comfortable to wear (I've even worn it without my beloved MAC Prep + Prime Lip) because it's so richly pigmented you only need to just cover your lips to get a beautiful colour pay off. 

UDV18 UDV23 UDV7

I was so excited when I saw Disturbed. I absolutely adore these deep berry shades, they are just so gorgeous in the Winter time. It's very similar to Revlon Black Cherry (one of my all time favourite lipsticks) but I prefer the comfort matte finish of this as it's more toned down for daytime wear. Even though it's matte it applies easily and again is very comfortable to wear which isn't always the case with mattes. You could definitely wear this with a lip liner to build the intensity and help it last longer however I find with darker shades like this it's sometimes nicer to apply straight onto the lips so that it looks more effortless and easier to wear. I love a lipstick like this with no eye make up, just lots of mascara. It's such a fresh way to wear a dark lip. 


UDV26 UDV24

At only €18, you're getting great quality for your money. The packaging, formula, finish and longevity rivals lipsticks I have that are a lot more expensive. There is literally something for everyone in this collection, that's what I love about Urban Decay, it's a fun brand that cater to such a wide range of consumers and constantly keep the interest up with their new launches.

The Vice lipsticks are available in Debenhams and House of Fraser.

Have you tried any of these lipsticks yet? Is there a shade that you're dying to try out?

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...