Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Il Valentino

One of my favourite things to do is try out new places to eat and drink in Dublin. In the past couple of years I've almost made it into a hobby (a rather pricey one!). There's something really satisfying about finding a new and amazing place to eat and sharing it online and with my friends and family and trying to convince everyone that they need to try it out. 

For a few years now I've frequented Il Valentino bakery and cafĂ© located in one of my favourite areas of Dublin- Grand Canal Harbour. Bread and pastries are freshly baked in store every day using the best ingredients from all over the world to making it like an authentic Italian/French bakery.  

There are very few places like this in Dublin where you can get the same fresh bread you'd get on holiday in France or Italy. I adored going to the Boulangerie every day when I was in Nice last year and getting a fresh baguette and croissants so Il Valentino brings a little bit of that tradition to my home town. 

IV16 IV13 IV14 IV11 IV1 IV2 IV4 IV5 IV10 IV6 IV7 IV8 IV12 IV9

I usually order one of their gorgeous coffees and something sweet. Their eclairs are unbelievable (I love the Pistachio and coffee ones). They also have proper Italian cannoli (a recent favourite of mine), a selection of sandwiches made with their fresh bread and made to order cakes (which I haven't tried but they look delicious!).

Next time you're in the area you have to try this place. Now that the weather is kind of getting nicer I recommend getting your order to take away and sitting on the benches facing the harbour, it's such a nice way to spend an afternoon away from the busy city centre.

Tell me some of your favourite places to eat in Dublin. I'm hoping to feature more of my favourite spots to eat on the blog so I'd love to know what yours are.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...