Sunday, June 11, 2017

Face Of The Day- Lady Danger

The other day I went into Arnotts to get another MAC Prep + Prime Lip because I haven't had one for a while and I was really missing it. I had been saving up some empties for Back to MAC so I got Lady Danger lipstick which I've never owned before but have wanted to try for years. 

I tried it the next day with very minimal makeup and loved it immediately. It's the perfect yellow based red that I've been wanting for Summer. I had more time today to play around with my makeup so I went a bit crazy and paired it with some gold eyeshadow from the Lorac Pro palette. I thought it was a bit much at first, but I kept the skin and brows quite simple so it wasn't too overpowering. There's something completely clashing about the gold and red combination but because they both have warm tones it somehow works (hopefully!)

FOTDLD2

I went to an event for the brand Artistry last week, I had heard of them but didn't know much about their products and had never tried any myself. I got chatting to one of the Artistry ladies and she very kindly ended up giving my their Ideal Radiance Illuminating CC Cream to take home with me. I was so excited to try it out as I always love to discover new brands. I used this for the first time yesterday and I was hugely impressed with how my skin looked. It blended out easily and gave my skin a subtle luminosity. It has broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and SPF 50 so it's perfect for trying at this time of year. I want to write a full review of this and compare it to the IT Cosmetics CC Cream which I'm also trying out at the moment so keep an eye out for that.

I curled my lashes with the Eyeko Lash Curler before starting my eye makeup. I used Glossier Boy Brow on my brows (you can read my full review here). Then I applied some Urban Decay Primer Potion and the Gold shade from the Lorac Pro palette. I blended it out and added some of the matte brown shade Taupe under my eyes with a little bit of Gold blended in too. I love this palette a lot, it's got a great selection of shades and the pigmentation, especially in the satin shades is amazing. I applied a thin line of Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and my current favourite lash combination Lancôme Cils Booster XL and L'Oréal Miss Baby Roll mascara (which you can read about in more detail here). 

FOTDLD13

I blended some Glossier Stretch Concealer under my eyes with a Real Techniques Mini Eraser Sponge. This was only me second time using it so I want to give it more time before I write a more in-depth review. To finish my face makeup I used the Collection Precision Contouring stick in Light which I've been loving recently. It's a great shade for fair skin and it's hard to overdo it because it's not too pigmented but is creamy and easy to blend so it looks quite natural. I added a small amount of the Bourjois Aqua Blush in CocoriCorail which is one of my all time favourite liquid blushes and if you don't have one do yourself a favour and get one, they're so amazing, especially during the Summer (see them in action here). 

FOTDLD5

I finished my skin with the No7 Instant Radiance Highlighter which I love for adding a quick glow to the tops of my cheeks, down the centre of my nose and on my cupids bow. It's subtle and blends easily so it's a great one for the Summer when you want a quick glow to your skin.

To finish I used my new MAC Prep + Prime lip and let it sink in for a minute before applying Lady Danger. I didn't use a lip liner because I didn't want the lips to look too overdone. This lipstick totally lives up to my expectations. It's matte so it lasts really well and doesn't feather but it definitely benefits from using the lip primer first otherwise it could feel quite drying. I think I'm going to be wearing it a lot in the Summer with just CC Cream and lots of mascara. 

FOTDLD4

To completely finish off the look I lined my lower waterline with my KIKO Glamorous Eye Pencil in 401 which is a gorgeous bronze shade (and now seems to be discontinued) but I love how it looks against my green eyes. This is a lot more makeup than I would usually wear on a daily basis but I love playing around with different colour combinations at the weekend when I have a bit more time.

What do you think of this look? Have you tried any of these products?

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...