Saturday, October 15, 2016

Magnetic Attraction

Let me begin this review by saying that the new Giorgio Armani Lip Magnets are on a different level to any lip product I've ever tried. The Lip Magnets have been inspired by two iconic Giorgio Armani products: Maestro Fusion Makeup and Lip Maestro velvet lipcolour.  

The Lip Magnets are described as a second-skin matte colour because their finish is four times thinner than that of your average liquid lipstick. Armani are proud to have created the first inverted emulsion in a lipstick. Water, pigment and fine oils are combined, the water gradually evaporates from the lips so that the oil and pigment fuse to give a highly concentrated lip colour that is long lasting, hydrating and comfortable on the lips. In other words, this is a very technologically advanced lip colour. 


ALM9 ALM2 ALM3 ALM4

I attended a press preview of some of the new Winter launches for Armani and when I first saw these I thought they were nail polishes. The packaging is actually inspired by fragrance vials, it's sleek and durable and I love that Armani uses red instead of the usual black or gold. The calligraphic applicator is another innovation, I was surprised at how the shape allows for such definition. International Face Designer for Armani Laura D'Ambrosio went through the products with us and she explained that the shape of the applicator negates the need to use a separate lip liner as you can achieve such precision with the diamond shaped wand. You can overdraw your lips and not worry about feathering so those liner lovers needn't worry.

I love that I can layer the product and it doesn't build up and crack, instead it dries down to a satin matte finish. I probably have about three layers in the photos below and it looks perfect. The scent is inoffensive so if you're sensitive to scented beauty products I can't see that being an issue. They are supposed to last up to 8 hours and I found that they really do last well even with eating and drinking it stayed in place. The great thing is that because the formula is so thin you can continue to reapply if there is a need to throughout the day. 


ALM7 ALM12 ALM8

I was given the shade 403 Vibrato which is a deep brick red and the perfect Autumnal shade. It's not too dark so I think it would suit a variety of skin tones. It looks beautiful with a minimal face of make up but I really loved it how I wore it in these photos, pared with the shade Garnet from my LORAC PRO eyeshadow palette. I'm very excited to wear this lots throughout Autumn and Winter. I just need to decide which shade I want to get next.

There are 18 shades available in reds, pinks, plums, corals and nudes. They retail for €29 which I think is very reasonable considering the likes of Charlotte Tilbury and NARS are €30 and this lasted a lot longer than some of my Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks which usually require a lip liner to get the equivalent lasting time.

They are available from Brown Thomas instore and online. If you're in the market for a new lip colour I highly recommend taking a look at these in person. As a lipstick fanatic I can honestly say these are some of the best lip products I have ever tried in my life.

Have you tried anything from Giorgio Armani Beauty? What's your current favourite lip product.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...