Thursday, March 10, 2016

Darling, I Love You As You Are When You're Alone

I had a rare weekday off last week so we took advantage and got the train to Dun Laoghaire for the afternoon. We went for lunch in a cute restaurant called Gourmet Food Parlour. It was freezing but we still took a walk down the pier and stopped along the way to take some outfit photos. 


LIMOGES7 LIMOGES10 LIMOGES5 LIMOGES8 LIMOGES2 LIMOGES13 LIMOGES4 LIMOGES11 LIMOGES15 LIMOGES12 LIMOGES14

Coat- Dunnes Stores SÃ¥vida (similar here and here)
Top- New Look (similar here)
Jeans- Dorothy Perkins Casey 
Bag- Stella and Dot The Waverley Petite
Earrings- H&M
Shoes- Clarks Hotel Chic (Available on Amazon)
Watch- Stella and Dot Icon Convertible Watch (c/o)
Lipstick- Charlotte Tilbury Bitch Perfect

So obviously the bright pink coat is the reason I wanted to photograph this outfit. I saw it in Dunnes at the beginning of January and fell in love. It's totally not a colour I would usually gravitate towards, in fact I think it's one of only two pink items of clothing that I own.  It's kind of oversized and not exactly the most flattering shape but I absolutely adore it.

Continuing my obsession with tassel jewellery, I saw these earrings in H&M and thought I didn't need them but after a second look I had to buy them, I think they look a lot more expensive than their price tag of only €7.99. The bag was one of those purchases I had been thinking about since I saw it at a Stella and Dot press day last year. I bought it in January after getting a Christmas bonus in my new job. I love the suede and brushed metallic mix and it can also be used as a clutch as the strap is removable. This particular style comes in lots of different patterns and colours, in fact my sister has the tan and stripe one which is such a cute cross body bag for Summer.

The Clarks shoes were one of my few Christmas sale purchases. I saw these in early Autumn and loved them so when they went into sale I picked them up immediately. The metallic finish actually matches that of my bag.

Before I bought this polo neck top I don't think I'd worn one since I was a kid. I just love how warm it is having my neck covered. I just think they're such a chic Winter wardrobe staple. These jeans are the relaxed skinny fit from Dorothy Perkins. I don't really shop there but I was browsing one day and came across these jeans. I loved the relaxed fit and charcoal shade, they're so comfortable on and a great price too, I'm definitely going to get them in another colour.

Lastly my watch was given to me at a press day and I've been reluctant to wear it because I love it so much and don't want to ruin it. I love the rose gold cut-out strap which you can actually interchange with other straps that are sold separately. I have a black leather double strap and they also come with a silver bezel so you can totally change the look of the watch depending on what you're wearing.

Tell me some of your current wardrobe favourites!

Emma x


5 comments:

  1. Hi, Emma!

    I'm happy to go sight-seeing with you again, dear friend. The view from that pier looks marvelous and I can imagine how invigorating the chilly wind felt. Here in our part of Florida the weather is warming rapidly. The temperature didn't get anywhere near freezing all winter long. I only wore a jacket once the entire season!

    I admire your lush pink coat and the other elements of your outfit.

    It's great to see you again, dear friend Emma. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd get a shock here Tom, it's been freezing, but is finally starting to warm a little. Hope you're well!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely darling look! I love that 2nd picture of you especially, such a beauty. And I like how those earrings match with the shoes!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful and that Dunnes coat is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...