Thursday, July 3, 2014

NYX Shocking Pink

Most of you will already know about popular US make up brand NYX arriving in Ireland last month. Since then I've been trying out a selection of their products and so far I'm very impressed. It seems fitting that the first thing I review from a brand is a lip product. I bought one of the Matte lipsticks in Shocking Pink after I saw it on the NYX Instagram account and fell in love. 



NYXML5 NYXML1 NYXML2 NYXML4


You probably all know at this stage that I'm a red lipstick lover, however I am quite partial to a good pink. Shocking Pink speaks for itself, I wore it with minimal make up, natural foundation with my freckles peeking through, a touch of a creamy pink blush and lots of mascara. 

I love the formula of this lipstick, it applies very smoothly and isn't drying like other matte lipsticks I have however it does need reapplication after a few hours just to keep the vibrancy of the colour. Having said that it wears away nice and evenly and I'm sure with some liner it would last a lot longer.  

As you can see the packaging is simple and it's nice to be able to see the shade through the centre. 

For €5.99 I really can't fault this lipstick, I can't wait to get my hands on a few more shades. 

NYX is available on Littlewoods Ireland and Beauty Emporium and in selected pharmacies nationwide, you can see the full list here

Have you tried any NYX products yet? Have you got any recommendations?

Emma x


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Yav, have to say it took some getting used to but I love it so much now!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...