Sunday, July 7, 2013

Five Perfumes...

... in my current collection

  Perfumes



Bergamot, Orange, Jasmine, Rose, White Musks and Vanilla

I don't know anyone who doesn't like Coco Mademoiselle. I was given this as a gift this past Christmas after years of spraying it on myself every time I walked past a Chanel counter. I would describe this as a vivacious and timeless scent, almost like Chanel's little sister if that makes sense. It's very expensive and is definitely a perfume you either give or receive as a gift. I can't see myself ever getting tired of it.



Peony, Rose Mandarin Orange and Amber

This is one of the more recent additions to my perfume collection. I tried Stella after reading about it on countless blogs, it seems to be everyone's favourite perfume right now.  This grew on me gradually and now I just love it. It's such a warm, sweet, rose scent. I would say it's quite modern and grown up and I like to wear it as my night-time fragrance.



Citrus Floral- Orange, Citron, Tangerine, Lavender Flowers and Lemon Tree Leaves, Grapefruit Tree Blossoms

This is the most recent addition to my collection. I bought it a couple of weeks ago after continuously going to Estée Lauder counters just to spray this on myself. I knew if I didn't get it I would regret it as it's a Limited Edition Summer fragrance that is part of the Bronze Goddess Collection. This scent is Summer in a bottle. I would describe is as a creamy citrus scent, very orangey and so perfect for the Summer months. I can't really imagine wearing this when it's snowing outside in December so I'm getting as much use out of it as I can whilst also trying to preserve it because it's Limited Edition. If you get a chance I urge you to try this, but beware, you will want it! 



Pistachio nuts, Almond, Praline and Hazelnuts

 I love everything pistachio scented or flavoured, so when I saw that Laura Mercier had released a scent along with their Pistache range I knew I would love it. This is another scent I used to go to the counter just to spritz on myself. My mam actually got a Laura Mercier gift set in the Christmas sales last year with a 15ml bottle of this and she gave it to me because she knows how much I love it. It's definitely one of those love or hate ones and I for one completely adore it.



Woody Musk, Bergamot, Rose, Black Pepper, Honey, Amber, Sandalwood and Vanilla

I first discovered Sensuous Nude two years ago when a lovely Estée Lauder sales assistant gave my mam and I some samples of it when I was getting matched for my first tube of Double Wear Light. As soon as we tried it, we were hooked. My mam, my sister Kate, my friend and I all bought the perfume in the Duty Free on the way to Italy for Kate's wedding and we all wore it on her wedding day so for us it's linked with such a wonderful memory. I would describe this scent as delicate, powdery and feminine. I adore musky scents and this for me is the ultimate musky scent. Several people have asked me what I'm wearing when I've worn this and they have told me they went out and bought it straight away. It's the perfect date night perfume.



What perfumes/scents are you into at the moment?

Emma x

14 comments:

  1. That's a lovely selection Emma! I favour citrussy scents in the summer and am loving L'Occitane's Verbena right now xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Verbana scent, the cooling hand gel is so nice for hot days! I totally agree, I love citrusy scents for Summer!

      Delete
  2. Coco Mademoiselle is my all-time favourite!

    I haven't tried Bronze Goddess but I REALLY REALLY want to after reading this description.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it, I'm addicted now!

      Delete
  3. They all sound lovely and feminine :) That's the beauty of perfumes - they instantly uplift or put you a particular mood or evoke a fond memory. Bronze Goddess sounds right up my alley - I really enjoy fresh, citrusy scents. I was so close to purchasing Coco Mademoiselle when I was in the States last year but resisted ... wondering if I regret that decision now! At least I spray it now and then when I'm in a department store :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you about scents, I feel naked when I forget to wear perfume!

      Delete
  4. CHANEL is undoubtedly good!
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'Instant

    ReplyDelete
  5. the Chanel reminds me of my mother when I was growing up :) She was the classiest lady I ever met and the most beautiful in my eyes. She was so nice and creative... I will never forget seeing her spray that on back when Chanel made it in a spray bottle that almost looked like a big black lipstick tube! She still wears it today! :)

    love, polly
    pollybland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love how everyone has a Chanel story, my grandmother wears Chanel perfume so it always reminds me of her which I love!

      Delete
  6. Totally lusting over your perfume collection! You have great taste!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah, my collection won't last long as I go through perfumes very quicky!

      Delete
  7. my perfume life is so miserable at the moment :( I'm using a zara one (white jasmine i think, it smells exactly like noah by cacharel which was my 15 year old self perfume haha). Before my purse dried out, I was wearing Rose by Paul Smith (I was actually going to buy Stella but the notes of the smith one suited my skin better). Have you ever smelt it? I think it's a great one! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never smelled the Paul Smith so I must try it next time I see it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...