Sunday, September 30, 2012

Well Dressed

I've never been big into blush, I've stuck to my Bourjois Little Round Pots for a long time because they are inexpensive, they last so long and smell amazing. My favourite one is Lilas d'or (shade 33) which I really should have reviewed by now (I will soon) since I wear it most days.

I wanted to try out a new blush coming into Autumn to change things up a bit. I actually only have four blushes, two cream and two powder. I kept seeing people wearing this on blogs and on youtube and I loved it every time so I decided to go for it after swatching it in person at the MAC counter. Well Dressed is perfect for giving a rosy glow to the cheeks for Autumn.

MWD1

MWD2


MWD3


MWD5


MWD6


MWD8


MWD7


Foundation- YSL Le Teint Touch Éclat BR20
Concealer- Collection Lasting Perfection Shade 1
Powder- No 7 Loose Powder in Translucent
Brows- Revlon Rich Sable
Mascara- Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme
Eye Shadow- Urban Decay YDK, Revlon Vintage Lace
Eye Liner- No 7 Stay Perfect Metallic Eyes Pencil in Blackest
Lip Gloss- Benefit Nudie-Tude
Highlighter- Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Starlet Mosaic


As you can see the colour is so subtle and just gives a nice light flush of colour to the cheeks. It's a cool toned pale pink with a satin finish and very minimal shimmer if any. It's also not too pigmented so you won't end up looking like a clown if you have heavy hands with application. MAC blushes retail at €22.50 so it is pricey compared to the Bourjois ones but I think it's worth it since blushes always last so long.

What's your favourite blush for Autumn?

Emma x

PS. A very Happy Birthday to my Mother today!

8 comments:

  1. Hi, Emma! I join you in wishing your mam a very happy birthday. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty blusher - love your eyeshadow too, lady, gorgeous look all round! I also love Lilas d'or but I just had to bin mine as it had gone a bit dried out and the colour didn't transfer properly anymore, this has happened to me a few times with Bourjois baked powder products and it's very irritating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's my fear, when you have something that long it starts to disintegrate a bit!

      Delete
  3. I have to confess to a slight blusher phobia - I worry I'll overdo it and either look like Bosco or Sally from Worzel Gummidge! But this blusher looks gorgeous on you...warm but subtle...this may be the beginning of my conversion :) PS: Just stumbled upon your lovely blog and I'm an instant fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've just been looking at yours too, Congratulations on getting married! I am exactly the same about blush which is why I always used to use cream blushes as I found them easier to use so I definitely recommend this blush if you're worried about over doing it because I don't think it'd be possible!x

      Delete
  4. This is so lovely and subtle. I wear the Bourjois pots too but I think that this colour would suit me far better.
    I am super lazy when it comes to researching make up and I have learnt so much from your make up posts. Keep up the good work lovely lady. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly-Marie! I think it would suit you too, we seem to have very similar colouring!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...