Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wild Lashes

I recently bought four of these Boots 17 Wild Curls Mascaras. They were doing a special promotion where you could print off a voucher from their site that meant you got the mascara for €1.50, which is a steal by anyone's standards!

I figured for €1.50 it was worth a try even though I've never tried any 17 products before. The mascara comes in Wildest Black, Black, Waterproof Black and Brown Black. I bought one waterproof black and loved it so much I went back and bought another 2 of them and one Wildest Black.

WCM1

I'll be honest I really wasn't expecting much as for me mascaras can be so hit and miss. I generally prefer defining mascaras with smaller tapered wands that give my lashes length and definition. I really can't stand big clumpy wands with loads of formula on them. This wand is on the smaller side and the formula is evenly distributed around the bristles, I can easily get into my inner corner lashes which is a must for me. I use one coat of this to give a really nicely defined look, a second coat is easily achieved as the formula doesn't dry too quickly and this gives a more dramatic/evening look without being really clumpy.  

WCM2

The packaging is nothing special but I'm the kind of person that if the product works, and the packaging isn't annoying then it doesn't matter what it looks like. I use No. 7 Beautiful Skin eye make up remover to take of the waterproof one and it comes off very easily. It costs £6.29/ €8.94  in Boots so essentially I got four mascaras for less then the price of one. If you're in the UK/Ireland it's good to keep an eye on the Promotions section of the Boots website as they often have great offers like this on. Below you can see me wearing one coat of the mascara on top and bottom lashes. Oh and I've also curled my lashes first!

WL3

I'll definitely buy this again when my four tubes run out! I even got asked in work if I was wearing false eyelashes! So what do you think? What's your favourite mascara? Any recommendations for me?

Emma x

22 comments:

  1. Looks really great! I will definitely buy one to try it out if I ever find that here :) I don't have any favourites, I just buy what's cheap and they are rarely good. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard to find one that has a good price, brush and formula but I think this is the one for me!

      Delete
  2. It looks amazeballs on you cause your eyelashes look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma!!!!


    no fricken way!!! I didn't know you had a blog!!! Followed back!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You bought FOUR of 'em?!? Delighted you like it, so! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Couldn't resist, loved it that much!x

      Delete
  5. sounds like a great product. I still havent really found a mascara that I love. I tend to just stick with Maybelline cause its cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat maybelline for consistently good mascaras! I love their falsies one!

      Delete
  6. oh wow! Your eyelashes look wonderful!! XOXO

    that is a cute looking mascara, too :)

    love, polly :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Polly! I really like how they look too! I like the leopard print packaging, it's easier to see in my make up bag!

      Delete
  7. Sounds really wonderful. And you have the prettiest eyes!

    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you shannon! that's so nice of you to say!x

      Delete
  8. This mascara looks amazing! I just replenished my mascara (sephora atomic volume mascara), but soon as I run out of that, I'm giving this a whirl. You really do have lovely eyes by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh, I've never tried any sephora as we don't have one here, and thank you for the lovely compliment Amber!x

      Delete
  9. Wow this looks gorgeous! I am terrible for never curling my lashes and always buying cheap mascara. Maybe I should invest!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try, I swear by eyelash curling, makes a world of difference!x

      Delete
  10. Your lashes look great! I haven't found a mascara that I'm in love with. I change it up every single time.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lashes look amazing! I so wish I could get this mascara where I live :/ Great post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The mascara does look very good on your lashes, Emma! No clumps, that is a good thing. The leopard packaging was very attractive, too. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there... I actually love this mascara... Great blog! Hope you dont mind me following you! x Marina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...