Sunday, February 27, 2011

MonsoonAccessorize S/S 2011 Lookbooks

When the new lookbooks came into work during the week we were all excited to see all of the new things that would be coming into the shop over the next few months. I have to say although I normally prefer the Autumn/Winter collections, these lookbooks have some gorgeous photos. There is a big seventies look to a lot of the clothes with print blouses, high waited jeans, crocheted waistcoats and dresses and huge wide-brimmed hats. I'm not a huge fan of the seventies thing that's everywhere right now so I'm very happy that for people like me there are some gorgeous floral print 50s style dresses. I have to say I'm looking forward to picking out my Summer uniform now!

MALB1

I know this flower is a bit pointless in a lookbook but you can't deny it looks gorgeous!


MALB2

The S/S model is the beautiful Lily Donaldson


MALB3

I really want the dress on the left.



MALB4

I bought the turquoise ring on Friday (as well as some other turquoise things). I love those white frame sunglasses!


MALB5

I love the glamourous 50s style of some of the Accessorize lookbook photos. They had so much new and gorgeous things on Friday, I went a bit mad!

I went to see No Strings Attached today. I was quite looking forward to this, mostly because I love Natalie Portman and I was happy to see her in something light hearted after Black Swan. I was expecting the usual romantic comedy plot and that's exactly what it was, but it had a nice heart to it and Ashton Kutcher was actually very good in it too. It also had supporting roles from Mindy Kaling from The Office, Lake Bell from Childrens Hospital, Kevin Kline (who I've had a crush on since I was about ten when I first saw French Kiss) and the lovely Greta Gerwig who was really funny and who I would watch in anything!


I just wanted to say a huge Congratulations to one of my best friends who I've known almost my entire life, Jennifer, who got engaged on Thursday. She is hoping to get married in August. That's three weddings I'm going to this year (I'll be broke by December!), the others being my friend Lisa's little sister Colette and of course my own sister Kate. The funny thing is we've all grown up together and Jennifer's sister Tracey got married last year so Lisa and I will be the only ones left now!

Hope you're all having a great weekend so far!

Emma xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, what a great lookbook! I absolutely love the use of primary colours, it is so lively.

    As for all the weddings, good luck finding the right gift/dress, it is always a challenge, but a welcome one as it is so nice to spend the day with the happy couple.

    Wow that sounded cheesy :-P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every single one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...